Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Me: So what movie are we watching this weekend?
HY: donno yet, it's either Valkyrie, Kung Fu Chefs or Looking for Star
Me: Why not watch Slumdog Millionaire or The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons?
HY: HA? Slumdog confirm no way.
Me: but why?
HY: malay movie don't want la
In the end, I didn't go to the cinema over the weekends but I've finally watched Slum dog Millionaire last night. The First time I heard about the film was on the news, Reuters reported that the poor people in the slums of India were on strike because of the name of the film, "Slum dwellers are human beings, not dogs." they argued... I guess we as human beings cannot live without arguing. Click to read news

Slumdog Millionaire is a romantic, rags-to-riches story of a young man who is seeking for his lost love, this film earned 10 Academy Award nominees winning 8 including best picture and best director. To me, I find that there isn't a single dull moment in this film. Highly recommended.

Have A Great Day
Dennis

No comments: