Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where is Grandpa?

My family decided to move grandpa's grave back to Penang, maybe at least he can feel closer to "Home". He was working away from home in Kuala Lumpur back then until his death in 1965 and today, more then 42 years away from home grandpa can finally return to Penang.
After some prayers, the work of the undertaker begin by clearing off some of the plants and the digging of the grave.
It took him 2 hours of digging to find rotten wood and rusty nails from the coffin, however there is no sign of grandpa's remains.
Rusty nails that once kept the coffin shut

At least now we know that grandpa is now one with the earth, took some soil to bring back to Penang.

Have a Great Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Linus Linnaeus said...

Hey dennis. the word humility comes to mind. I am sure you know the meaning of the word is means unpretentious and modest person, someone who does not think that he or she is better or more important than others. but did you know that humility actually is arise from the word humus meaning earth so humility actually means...to come from the earth....as in..remember where you will come from and where you'll eventually return.

Linus

Cmate said...

Just finished visiting the graveyard yesterday... Dad remember wrongly the tomb and the rest prayed to the wrong dead person. Only realised half way through.. damn!

Anonymous said...

I went to visit my late grandpa recently at Nirvana...his was in an urn. Was nice visiting him with the whole family...sometimes I wish he was still around. I know grandma gets lonely sometimes. :( Glad your grandpa gets to go back home to the place he loves. :)

rafiqos said...

Nice post man. A simple and honest one. Brought back memories of my late grandpa.

Love what Linus said about humility too. Way cool.

HuonHengChai said...

toner: Thank you

Linus: I don't know when was the last time I think in such manner, thank you for the definition.

cmate: umm... the graves got lot numbers? no?

heidi: Thank you, It's good that your whole family was there to visit.
Same goes for my grandma, be with her at least so she won't feel lonely. :)

rafiqos: Thanks dude, treasure your memories, ok? :)