Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Endau Rompin Day Four: Going Home

<span class=

It's freezing, for some reason the chalet is actually colder then the camp site. I'm guessing that it is because in the chalet we have a fan spinning above our heads. I woke up at 7am because of the chill, I reach for my jacket and decided to go out for a walk, get myself some fresh air. It was a peaceful affair until Timmy and I decided to wake up out friends by throwing stuffs like fallen fruit like things and branches on to the chalet's metal roof which cause a couple of loud noisy sound especially for the occupants. Childish I know, but at least it satisfy the inner child within my soul.

<span class=

I couldn't remember what we had for breakfast, but I do remember that we are to gather at 9.45AM at the meeting point and I was rushing myself to pack quickly so that I won't be late this time.
While I was still packing, Aaron came by to our chalet looking for his brother.
"Have you guys seen Linus? He's having my slippers".
I did see him when I was heading back to the chalet after my morning walk, he told me that he is going for a walk too and he hasn't been sighted since.
"Not Good..." I said, we have no idea where he gone to or what happen to him.
He could fall off a cliff or in to the river and got washed away or maybe got attacked by a tiger or mobbed by a herd of zombie wild boars or even got lucky with the Bigfoot that was sighted in this reserve 3 years ago. Soon we realized that all our theories are merely replays of scenes we seen in movies. Aaron was reunited with his slippers and Linus who is about to suffer the wrath of Aurelius is now rushing to get his stuff and prepare to head home.


<span class=

We hiked with our packs, this time it is lighter as we did finish up rid of the food, and dried up some of the stuffs yesterday, I guess we all did get enough rest yesterday too making this hike easy as pie.
The boat wasn't there when we arrived at the "boat docking point", the sandy bank was missing hidden under the raised river water, the water too has changed in color, it's not as clear as it is now. We stood there for about 5 minutes until the boat came so that we could load up and get back.

<span class=

The boat ride is comfortable for me, that because I don't suffer from motion sickness and I allowed my mind to clear so that I could enjoy the view.
At the jetty we unload the boat and was actually figuring out how to get off the jetty.
The jetty is a floating platform which rise and drop depending on the water level. It is anchored to the river bank using a rope. Uncertain of the depth of the water we didn't dare risk jumping across with our packs, so we pull the rope to get closer to the bank instead.

<span class=

Once we all gathered up and got our packs in the jeep. We took a 5 minutes walk to Kampung Peta, some of us (including myself) took the easy way by holding on to the side of the jeep.

<span class=

At Kampung Peta, we were given a demonstration on how the aborigines make use of traps to catch animals for food. We were also given the chance to shoot using a blow pipe, our target was a balloon about 10 meters away and it turns out that non of us in the group could hit a target with a blow pipe, the balloon survived to see another day.

The Jeep ride back seems to take longer this time, 2 hours maybe more. Not very comfortable if you sit at the back seat I tell you, it's the bumpiest part of the 4WD. Maybe it's just me feeling a little unwilling to go home but whatever it is, I know that I have a better understanding and a better relationship about the people who shared their time for this trip.

Have a Great Day
Dennis

No comments: